Useful documents to support home learning
Please find here the ongoing files and resources for home learning.
reading support - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
phonic activities - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
maths - https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/early-years/
In addition to the activities set on the blog, suggestions for ongoing activities are;
- please share a book daily - your child could then have a go at writing about their favourite part or favourite character.
- please use the purple and orange phonic sheets and tricky words (issued previously but also in the pack) to practice words and sounds - maybe hide them and find the different words around the house or play matching games
- practice letter and number formation - in the bath with water, chalk outside or pencils and paper?
- please try and get fresh air daily - maybe a treasure hunt in the garden or count how many times you can throw and catch a ball.
- Cbeebies and other websites have great educational games. Useful apps if you have and ipad are bugs and buttons, bugs and numbers and Mr T does Phonics
- practice practical counting and number recogntion skills - find the right number of pennies, playing dice games, play board games that involve counting forwards and backwards.